Fonds - Archivum Archiepiscopalis Melitensis (AAM)



This archive is related to the activity related to the administration of the Diocese and from 1947 onwards the Archdiocese of Malta. The administration of the parishes of Gozo fell under the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Malta until 1864 when Gozo became a separate diocese. Until the early 1980s, the Archbishop's Archive was held at the Archbishop's Palace in Valletta. Afterwards, the archive was transferred to the Archbishop's Curia in Floriana where it was housed in two archival repositories the Archivium Mater Dei and the Archivium Sancte Laurenti.